- Practice officially begins Monday July 28. All practices are mandatory from this point forward.
- All practices will be held on the lower practice field at Marietta High School
- Practices the first two weeks (July 28 through August 8) will take place from 6:30-8:00pm. Parents must provide transportation to and from practice.
- Beginning Monday August 11, practice will be held every day after school. Players will be transported via school bus from MMS to MHS and practices will run from 3:30-5:30. Parents must pick up their son at 5:30pm each day at the MHS bus loop.
- All players will be expected to attend all practices. On the rare occasion that a player must miss practice, the player is expected to notify one of his coaches in advance. He is also expected to bring a note from a parent explaining his absence upon his return. Excessive absences from practice may result in loss of playing time, player suspension, or removal from the team.
- In order to receive equipment, players must have 100% of their $200 fees paid.
- Equipment will be issued before practice (from 5:00pm to 6:00pm) the first three days of practice (Monday July 28 through Wednesday July 30).
- Equipment will also be issued Monday August 4 and Thursday August 7 from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.
3.SUMMER WORKOUT EXPECTATIONS:
- All players were asked to attend a minimum of 8 workouts from May 27 through July 25.
- All players who met this expectation are immediately eligible to participate in practices beginning July 28 with no limitations.
- Any player who fell short of this expectation will be allowed to practice, but will also be required to do additional conditioning at the end of each practice for each day he fell short of the 8 workout expectation. For example, a player who attended 7 workouts will have 1 day of extra conditioning while a player who did not attend any summer workouts will be required to perform 8 days of extra conditioning following practice.
To receive text message updates from the coaching staff regarding practice, games, and all other information pertaining to 7th grade football, text “@mms7f” to 770-450-6566.
2014 7th GRADE FOOTBALL COACHING STAFF
Coach Sterling Lester (7th Grade Head Coach): firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 770-294-1342
Coach O.J. Bennett (7th Grade Assistant Coach): email@example.com Phone: 678-522-6458